Wednesday 27 February 2008

Food, food, glorious food

Farnham Local Food Initative
A couple of weeks ago I attended the launch of the Farnham Local Food Initiative (FLFI) at the Farnham Maltings. Robert Simpson is a passionate, enthusiastic advocate of things edible in the fields of Farnham, and I'm behind the effort completely.

Yesterday I received an email update from him, and so want to give the initiative some publicity. The FLFI website is already up and running, and contains everything you need to know about how to get involved. I suppose I should declare my interests straightaway - being one of the owners of the farm shop and coffee shop at the Farnham Pottery means that local food is close to my heart!

Robert's looking for as much help as possible, and I'm certain he's keen to hear from anyone who'd like to get take part and offer their help.

The next meeting is on Tuesday March 11th, at 7.30 pm in the The Long Kiln Room at The Farnham Maltings. Anyone can simply turn up to hear more. Enjoy - I can't make it myself, but have let Robert know I'd be mentioning it here. Do let him know if you are from Wrecclesham and go the meeting!

No comments: