Sunday 15 February 2009

Musing

I'm musing on two things today:

(1) Neighbourliness - I've decided that landscaping my front garden is an excellent way to catch-up with neighbours, visitors to my neighbours, and people walking their dogs. Simply being outside where people see you going about your business is a really great way to strike up conversation. I heard a lot about this kind of community when we had all the snow a couple of weeks ago (although sadly I wasn't around): my mother was helped up a slippery hill, and some neighbours who'd never met each other before were nattering outside with fresh coffee in their hands.


(2) Twitter - now, I think of myself as technically literate, but I'm not sure I've quite clicked with Twitter just yet. Follow this link to see for yourself, but, I'm going to give it a few weeks whilst I work out whether it does anything different from Facebook or blogging.

No comments: