Friday 9 May 2008

Birds. Plural. Just.

During my frequent visit to the new Waverley website today, I spotted the top news story for the environment:

Avian Influenza (Bird Flu)

Was this another outbreak?! My concern level grew somewhat. Then I noticed that it was more of an update on the situation, than a warning of impending doom. Phew.

But, it did get my mind wandering. If one were to trust the media to reflect accurately the intensity, impact, and immediacy of any particular news story, one would have to assume that Bird Flu now has only a place in history rather than the present. Sadly, it's not the case. However, I happen to think that it's excellent that Waverley's site deals with information about issues that continue to be issues, long after the daily rags have grown bored.

Chicken!As an aside, one of the two chickens we have in our garden is looking decidedly under the weather. We may soon be the owner of 'a chicken' rather than many.

I'll keep all (five) of you posted.

No comments: