Friday 16 May 2008

Speech!

A speech? That would be going a bit too far. But I did say a few words at the Wrecclesham Village Society AGM last night.

I spoke briefly about my hopes for the development of a Village Design Statement; I mentioned the new supplementary planning guidance for section 106 contributions (jargon, I know - you can read the Waverley document here); and told everyone about this blog.

However, I fell well short of the excellence of the first presentation of the evening by Verity O'Connell. Waste & Recycling Officer for the council, Verity told the meeting about the various aspects of the recycling efforts in Waverley, and did so with obvious passion (especially for her bicycle), and with great knowledge. (Check out more information on the Waverley website)

As the evening went on, I found myself feeling more and more guilty for contaminating our recycling containers with inappropriate materials. Note to self - margarine tubs shouldn't go in with the plastics! Or the brown paper bags with paper!

No comments: