Saturday 26 July 2008

My name is Mike, and I'm a Diet Coke addict

It's true. I could use the excuse that the day is hot and humd, and fluids are important. But there would be immediate rebuttals by any member of my family or business who would point out that my consumption of Diet Coke rivals my father's consumption of cups of tea, and that's saying something!

One of our waitresses pointed out to me this week that there's so much of one particular ingredient in DC (that's what we addicts call Diet Coke, or, 'medicine' when we try to claim it has healing properties) that it makes drinkers need more fluids.

Actually, I'm addicted to black coffee as well I think, and that concerns all our waitresses so much that they now refuse to give me a coffee unless I drink a glass of water with it!

Well, back to my DC, and one more hour until the coffee shop shuts for the day. I'm certainly looking forward to our BBQ this evening with friends and family, and a cold beer or two :-)

No comments: