Saturday 12 April 2008

Bond, James Bond

The Daily Mail (and before you say anything, no, I don't buy it or read it, but happened to see it lying open this morning...) has an article about a council that literally spied on a local family, suspecting that they may be lying in order to get their child into their preferred school.

Having spent a bit of time reading up on the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, it does appear that all local authorities now have power to use 'covert human intelligence sources' to gather evidence against those they suspect of misleading them.

I'm a bit taken aback, as I thought we lived in a non-communist country. So, I've decided I'm going to do a bit of digging, and see what I can find out about the use of these powers by Waverley.

Watch this space. As it were.

No comments: