Wednesday 23 April 2008

RIP ...A

CCTV Camera
Last Saturday I posted about the Regulations of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, which grants to all local authorities in England and Wales, the use of covert intelligence gathering techniques, under specific constraints and provisions.

The Act was news to me, and so I wrote that I would find out whether Waverley has used these powers at all.

Yesterday I received a great explanatory email from a council solicitor, explaining the Act further, the constraints on its use, and attaching a policy document that Waverley adopted and now follows in its use of the Act. I don't have exact information on use, and this may not be possible due to the inherent nature of the activities undertaken within the provisions of the Act.

I'd encourage you to read the policy document, found our the council website, and let me know what you think.

No comments: