Wednesday 9 April 2008

Post Offices? What Post Offices?

I received the sad news today that both of the Post Offices threatened with closure (Tilford, and Station Road, Farnham) will indeed be closed. I'm not so cynical that I would say that the 'consultation' was simply an mandatory exercise with a foregone conclusion. But I do believe that it's immensely disappointing for all local residents, and actually, to a large extent, forced on PO Ltd by a government that took away all the major reasons for a Post Office to stay in the black.

My colleague and portfolio holder David Munro will definitely do all he can to ensure that the accessibility of the nearest PO for any resident is investigated thoroughly, and provision made for transportation to and from. David is already in contact with Hoppa.

See the Waverley website for more information.

No comments: