Tuesday 25 March 2008

Graffiti?

Is it me, or has there been a proliferation of graffiti in Wrecclesham recently? I keep walking past walls particularly - as well as street signs - and see 'tags' of people who think that graffiti is either

(a) a form of public art that everyone by default wants to see;
(b) generation Y rebellion that will be viewed as prophetic in a few year's time; or
(c) a generous and anonymous effort to decorate Wrecclesham.

Or perhaps, it's the way that most people view it - mindless vandalism, that degrades our village, and in some ways is tyrannical - forced on Wrecclesham's resident, by a minority of arrogant and selfish individuals.

This may come across as somewhat assertive language, but I believe in calling this the way I see it, and it needs to be nipped in the bud straightaway. I'm going to speak with the local police and the village society to see what we can do about it. I'll post some photos shortly so you can see what I mean.

No comments: