Tuesday 18 March 2008

Committee meetings are open to the public

Admittedly, it's probably not most people's idea of a great night out, but, so you know, virtually all committee meetings of the council are open to members of the public. It's possible that towards the end of some meetings, there are items that are confidential, and so members of the public are asked to leave, but it doesn't happen too often.

I mention this, as one of the committees closest to my heart, is the Community Overview and Scrutiny Committee. It reviews decisions to be made by the executive and full councils, on issues such as bus passes, voluntary bodies, housing, and others that impact our communities in down-to-earth ways.

The next meeting is on the 2nd April, and I've had a couple of items added to the agenda that I want to mention. Firstly, I'll be speaking briefly about a community exercise being started in Wrecclesham by the Farnham Christian Community Trust, something I've blogged about before and am taking the opportunity to update other members on how things are going. Secondly, I'll be feeding back from my involvement with Citizens' Advice Waverley, and speaking about its great service, and the challenges ahead.

[Click here for details on meetings, minutes etc.]

No comments: