Friday 21 March 2008

Oops....

.... found out today that I had forgotten to book my places for the local conservatives Spring Buffet. It's in my diary, but that's obviously not a guarantee that I sorted out the tickets. I must do it this weekend.

What it also reminds me is that the only way that local political parties continue to survive is by way of their membership, and fund raising events throughout the year. And I should note, in the kindest possible way, that the membership profile of the local party needs much change in order to fairly represent the various age groups in our villages. Around the country Conservative Future is strong and active, but here in Wrecclesham and Rowledge, we see very few young people involved in the party.

If you've ever thought about getting politically involved, as a local member, or national, and wanting to get together with similarly minded young people at bigger events, there are plenty of ways to get started.

Do email me if you want to know more. I'm always happy to meet up over a coffee, and I know activists in most groups in the Conservative Party, in whose direction I can point.

No comments: